How can I pay an unpaid toll I missed on received on the NYS Thruway?
If you did not have sufficient funds to pay a toll at the time of your transaction, had information collected from your driver's license at the toll booth and received an unpaid toll slip from a toll collector, you may pay your toll if you still have your unpaid toll slip using one of the following methods:
1) Mail-in Check Payment
Follow the mail-in payment instructions on the slip. Please mail payment to: NYSTA, PO Box 189, Albany NY 12201-0189. Please do not send cash. Make check payable to: NYS Thruway Authority. Your canceled check will be receipt of payment. Please include your driver's license identification number on your check and include your unpaid toll slip with your payment.
2) Credit Card - PAY ONLINE
Pay your Unpaid Toll online at https://wwwapps.thruway.ny.gov/upt/
If you go through a New York E-ZPass toll but do not have a New York E-ZPass device and active account, you will owe the cash rate for that toll.
– If you have a New York E-ZPass device and active account but the device was not properly mounted (or not in the car), you will owe the New York E-ZPass rate for that toll.
– If you have a New York E-ZPass device and active account but the device malfunctioned you will owe the New York E-ZPass rate
– You have seven days to pay.
– It typically takes less than 24 hours for you to appear in the system after going through a toll without paying.
– You can call 800-333-8655 for more info.
– If you pay the wrong amount and it is to little, you still owe the difference. If it’s too much you will need to claim the coverage amount.
– The same rules apply to all states.